Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. The personal data that we collect are used for the purposes of registering with the website, for carrying out transactions over the website, subscribing to our and maintaining our services, communicating with you and providing and improving the service. For these purposes we may collect your name, (business) address, (business) email, business name and job role. We don’t collect and process any other personal data, such as demographics. The retention period of your personal data may differ for each purpose.
How we collect your personal data
- We may collect your account data (“account data”) for the purpose of registering with the website, webstore and for our services. The account data includes your name and email address, and your or your employer’s address. The source of the account data is you or your employer. Data can be submitted through our registration form or by email.
- We may collect information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods, services or your account (“enquiry data”). The enquiry account data may include your name and email address, your or your employer’s address, page views, use of our webstore, and information about your use of our goods and services. The source of the enquiry data is you, your employer or a third party of your choice. Data can be submitted through web forms, by email, mail or by phone.
- We may collect information relating to our customer relationships, including customer contact information (“customer relationship and correspondence data” ). The customer relationship data may include your name, your employer, your job title or role, your contact details, and information contained in correspondence between us and you or your employer. The source of the customer relationship data is you, your employer or a third party of your choice. Data can be submitted through web forms, by email, mail or by phone. Our website will generate metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. This may include metadata associated with the communication. This metadata is not personal data.
- We may collect personal data you provide to us during the use and performance of our services (“service data”). This service data may include your account data, your employer, your job title or role, purchase history data and service subscription data. The source of the service data is you, your employer or a third party of your choice. Data can be submitted through web forms, by email, mail or by phone.
- We may collect information relating to transactions, meaning purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and are carried out over this website and/or by email (“transaction data”). We collect this data from you on our order form. The transaction data may include your contact details, your account details and the transaction details. We do not collect sensitive details (such as credit card data), this data is solely collected and provided by third-parties (e.g. re-sellers) and through their secure tools.
How we use your personal data, why we use it and our legal basis
- We process account data for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, enabling your access to and use of the website services, maintaining our database and as a basis for communicating with you. In order to use our goods and services, a user must first complete the registration form through our website. During registration you are required to enter a name and email address. You have the option not to enter your personal name, but something generic instead such as “Boston” or “Procurement department”. No other personal data is required. We develop, maintain and host our own website and webstore. The legal basis for this processing are your consent, our legitimate interest (namely to ensure the proper administration of our website and business) and the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We process enquiry data for the purposes of establishing, offering, extending, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- We process customer relationship data and correspondence data for the purposes of managing our relationships and communicating with customers, improving our products and services, the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract, and promoting our products and services to customers. We use Google for email services. Google will not use your personal data for their own purposes. The legal basis for this processing is your consent, our legitimate interest (namely to ensure the proper administration of our website and business communications) and the performance of a contract and/or transaction between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract or transaction.
- We process transaction data for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services, collecting payments from you, keeping official records of those transactions and sending you invoices and statements about your purchase. We request information from you during the purchasing process, on our order form. To purchase from this website, you must provide contact information (like name and billing and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your order. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you. We do not publish financial data on our website, except for transaction invoices on your personal account. Also, we don’t use and process any of your personal data for administrative and bookkeeping purposes. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process any of your personal data mentioned in this policy for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure, for obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, and obtaining professional advice necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our and your legal rights and the legal rights of others and proper protection of our business against risks.
Third-Party and Individual Service Providers
- We may disclose your account and service data to subcontractors or re-sellers of your choosing and engaged by you, insofar as reasonably necessary for the performance of a contract and/or transaction between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and/or transaction.
- Financial transactions from our and relating to our website, goods and services and orders are managed by our payment services providers, Stripe.com and ABN AMRO BANK NV. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to payments and refunds. You can find information about our payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at stripe.com/nl/privacy and www.abnamro.com/en/footer/privacy-statement.html.
We develop and process our own Invoicing through our CRM Tool; no third party is involved.
- In addition to these specific disclosures of personal data, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Marketing and communicating with you
Data provided at your discretion
Any personal data the user sends us at their discretion, will be used only for the purpose indicated. Information requests will be directed solely to the appropriate staff member responsible for the requested service. This information may be retained to improve our service and maintain contact with the user. We will not sell, rent or exchange your personal information to anyone, except at your specific request.
Objecting to providing data and withdrawing consent
If you do not wish to provide your personal data, you are not obliged to do so. Also, if you do not want us to process your personal data anymore after you have provided this information, you have the right to withdraw your consent for processing your personal data at any given time. However, we would like to emphasize that this may have a negative impact on the usability of our goods and services. Account data, service data and enquiry data are required for us to provide the agreed upon goods, services and information. Correspondence data and transaction data such as end user email address and employer name are required for the performance of a contract and/or transaction and entering into such a contract and/or transaction at your request.
Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we specifically ask you to do so and we have their consent.
Transmitting your personal data internationally
TallComponents BV does not hold any offices outside of Nijmegen, The Netherlands, nor do we have any other branches or subsidiaries in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The hosting facilities for our website are also situated in The Netherlands. Your personal data may only be transferred internationally if you choose to engage a subcontractor or re-seller from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for the performance of a contract and/or transaction between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and/or transaction.
Protecting your personal data
TallComponents BV collects, stores and processes data responsibly and has taken technical and organisational precautions to prevent unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, loss, misuse and deletion of your personal data. This includes your username, transaction data and account data stored both on our website and offline. We do not collect sensitive data such as credit card information and user passwords. We will store all personal data you provide on SSL secured Windows 2012 servers, and these are hosted by TransIP. You can find information about their privacy and security policy here: www.transip.nl/legal-and-security/. Sensitive and personal data exchanged between our website and the user including transaction data happens over TLS secured communication channels and is protected by encryption technology.
Only personnel who need your personal data to perform a specific job such as invoicing or customer service are given access to this information. Access to this data is secured by passwords.
Preserving and deleting your personal data
Transaction data will be retained for a maximum period of seven years following collection data. This includes data in paper form, namely Invoices and performance contracts made at your request. The retention period of seven years is in compliance with our legal obligations.
Usage data will be retained for a minimum period of one year following collection date, and for a maximum period of three years following collection date.
In addition to the provisions above, we may retain your personal data when necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Your principal rights
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulations (‘GDPR’), your rights in regards to the handling of your personal data have been extended. We are in compliance with these regulations, and hereby offer a summary of your rights under the data protection law. Because of the complexity and extensive nature of this law, we have not included all the specific details. Accordingly, you should contact the regulatory authorities in question for full and relevant information on your rights.
You have the following rights under data protection law:
- the right to access any personal data we may have on you
- the right to Change, correct and add to any data we may have on you
- the right to make us delete any data we may have on you
- the right to restrict us in processing any data we may have on you
- the right to object to the processing of any data we may have on you
- the right to data portability
- the right to express any concern you have about our use of your data
- the right to complain to a supervising authority about our use of your data
- the right to request human interposition in regards to decision making based on automatically processed data and profiling
- the right to withdraw your consent regarding your personal data
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice (email, letter) to us or by phone. We will respond within 30 days after receiving your request.
Cookies are text files using small amount of data that is used to identify anonymous and unique browser requests. These are set up and sent by a web server to your web browser and are stored on the browser and on your PC’s hard drive for record keeping. Every time the web browser requests a page from this server, the identifying data are sent back to the server. It can be seen as a website user identification card, telling the web server the user has returned. We cannot usually identify you personally by the information stored in cookies, however part of your personal data we may retain could be obtained from the information stored in cookies. This information may be a user identification code, customized preferences, or a record of pages visited.
We, more specifically our website, use these cookies below for the following purposes:
First party cookies
We use these cookies for authentication and status checks. They track your visit and navigation. More specifically, to see if you are already logged in, for how long and what products you have added to a shopping cart. The purpose is to improve and optimize our website and services.
Third party cookies
- We use these cookies to collect visitors’ statistics for personalization. This includes information such as your location, behavior on our website and what type of device you use. This is to help us analyze the use and performance of our website and services. The purpose is to improve and optimize our website and services.
- We also use these cookies to help us display advertisements on third party websites that may be relevant to you, based on your navigation on the TallComponents website. The purpose is to improve our services and facilitate additional service.
A/B Testing cookies
- We may use A/B testing cookies, to establish which version of a particular page you are viewing. This is to help us analyze the use and performance of our website and services. The purpose is to improve and optimize our website and services.
You have the option to accept or refuse and delete these cookies, and also to be notified when a cookie is being sent. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. The following website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser: www.aboutcookies.org. However, if you choose to refuse our cookies, you will not be able to use all features of our website.
Links to other websites
Updates and Amendments
Our contact details
6811 HX Malden
The NetherlandsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website contact form: www.tallcomponents.com/contact
Chamber of Commerce: 12040571
D-U-N-S Number: 40-436-7711
This website www.tallcomponents.com is owned and operated by TallComponents BV.